If you enjoy a challenge and would like to make a difference helping with national defense and security, DISA is the place for you. DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enables the President and our military to communicate through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to http://www.disa.mil/ for information.Learn more about this agency
- Provides planning and critical recommendations for acquisition planning, development, operation and maintenance of IT, Systems, and Enterprise Services, in conjunction with and close coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Delivers information systems to the Director, OPC and enables the customers, warfighters to meet functional, strategic, and operational goals.
- Services in assisting functional organizations with the definition of the technical requirements for information systems.
- Provides information processing, storage, transport, and display capabilities, information technology operation, and maintenance of the utility.
- Introduces innovative business practices in the delivery of information technology.
- Directs the performance of day-to-day technical support through use of analytical and business presentation techniques.
- Executes DOD CIO approved plans to sustain current legacy systems and to migrate from these legacy systems to the future enterprise capabilities as documented in the DISA Campaign Plan and Analysis of Alternatives.
- Solicits acquisition requirements from stakeholders and customers; extensive outreach communications with the private sector to identify technology to most cost effectively meet DoD requirements and mission objectives.
- Provides acquisition oversight and guidance to four portfolio leads and multiple acquisition program managers including an AoS I, ACAT I and ACAT III program.
- Leads in developing, testing, and synchronizing command and control (C2) systems supporting DoD, OSD, Combatant Commands and Military Services senior leadership to streamline decision making within all echelons of National and DoD leadership.
- Leads the research and development of future department IT enterprise collaborative capabilities such as office automation, voice and video solutions, as well as, providing cloud solutions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519509900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.