This position is located in the Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO), U.S. Department of State. The position provides technical expertise in the specification, design, installation, maintenance, repair, and replacement of forced entry and ballistic resistant products for Department of State overseas facilities.Learn more about this agency
- Assists posts in the procurement of replacement FEBR windows, doors and associated hardware from approved vendors.
- Develops detailed specifications for the requesting post to use in the procurement package for replacement FEBR windows/doors.
- Review the selected manufacturer's shop drawings and specifications to ensure the product(s) will meet current standards and then monitors the fabrication and shipment'to the ordering post.
- Develops information and supporting justifications needed for the formulation and preparation of budget plans for the region of assignment.
- Coordinates with the OBO Architectural and Security Engineering Branches for reviews of design drawings, manufacturer's shop drawings, and plans for the building of new and the renovation of existing office buildings
- Participates in the selection of contractors to supply these doors, windows and accessories by assessing the capabilities of firms to meet DOS technical standards.
Occasional travel - Travel to domestic and/or international locations is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519495400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.