Incumbent plans and conducts multiple research studies focused on the causes, incidence and cost of accidents, disease and disabling illness. Studies are designed for the purpose of identifying, analyzing, and reporting on emerging public health issues and problems.Learn more about this agency
- Develop specifications for evaluating the accuracy and quality of data.
- Evaluate results of studies for technical reliability, draw rational inferences, and provide a range of logically possible explanations of the findings.
- Identify and evaluate data implications and limitations relative to the problem under study.
- Design and develop data editing systems.
- Develop planning and controlling tabulation and summarization methods.
- Develop evaluating systems for data quality.
- Prepare comprehensive reports of study results which include discussion of substantive health issues and research objectives.
- Assess the adequacy and quality of data used in analyses.
- Explain the methodologies, results, and relevance to issues as they relate to the problem under study.
- Disseminate results of projects in a variety of venues including government filings, publications, peer reviewed journals, summaries, manuscripts, and special reports.
- Serve as technical representative and provides expertise/assistance to a wide variety of professionals.
- Exchange technical information, coordinate collaborative studies and provide technical recommendations.
- Provide technical advice and consultation to users of data files produced from the data collection system.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519473600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.