About the Position: This position is located at: US National Guard Bureau, Readiness Center, Arlington, VA.Learn more about this agency
Situated in Northern Virginia on the south bank of the Potomac River directly across from Washington D.C. Arlington is headquarters to many departments and agencies of the federal government, including the Department of Defense and is the location of many national memorials and museums.
- Manage and oversee the National Guard Internal Review Quality Control Program and an Audit Compliance and Follow-Up Program.
- Conduct quality control visits and remote reviews and provides advice, assistance and guidance on the management of state/territory (installation) level internal review activities.
- Develop and present professional classroom and electronic training programs to National Guard auditors at national and state level internal review activities.
- Serve as Budget Officer, responsible for preparing budget estimates, ensuring the existence of adequate financial and administrative controls and the coordination with fund managers.
- Interpret audit policies and procedures in response to inquiries, personal liaison with external audit organizations, State Adjutants General or other senior National Guard officials.
- Perform follow-up of internal and external reviews to ensure that corrective action is accomplished and identified monetary benefits are validated.
25% or less - 25% Business Travel required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519443200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.