The inpatien nurse practitioner position is located at the Louis A. Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Clarksburg, West Virginia.Learn more about this agency
- Perform initial history and physical examinations for all medical and after hour psychiatric admissions.
- Order laboratory, radiologic and other diagnostic tests and provide initial interpretations.
- Order electrocardiograms (EKG) and provide initial interpretation.
- Screen patients for disease prevention and identify health risks and needs.
- Formulate a diagnosis based on history & physical examination and clinical findings; develop and implement a treatment plan; order appropriate pharmacological agents; refer to other healthcare professionals or community agencies as appropriate.
- Participate in inpatient rounds as needed, interfacing with multiple other services, and coordinating patient care.
- Respond to nursing and other staff calls on urgent/non-urgent issues on all hospitalized patients in an appropriate and professional manner, using great communication skills.
- Perform inpatient procedures as experience and competency dictates.
- Must demonstrate expertise in making medical judgments and be an active member of the multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- Prepare discharge summaries.
- Responsible for maintaining current clinical privileges and keeping licensure, advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) and basic life support (BLS), and all other appropriate documents up-to-date.
Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Twelve-hour shifts, after-hours and weekends, 7days on/7 days off; however, subject to change, depending on the needs of the service/medical center.
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519422000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.