This is an open continuous announcement; applicants will be reviewed and referred on a bi-weekly basis; the announcement will remain open until the position is filled. The first cut-off for consideration will be December 28, 2018.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Sunday thru Saturday with rotating shifts Day/Night and Evening/ Night (Day shift: 7:30am-4:00pm, Evening shift 3:30pm-Midnight Night shift 11:30pm-8:00am)
Location of Position: Uptown Division, Nursing Services, Community Living Center (various units)
- The Registered Nurse is assigned to a designated unit and is accountable to the Nurse Manager for the area. He/she is responsible for the delivery of fundamental, knowledge-based care to assigned patients while developing technical competencies.
- The RN will complete mandatory and annual competencies for equipment and procedures, adhere to unit-based protocols, maintain a current BLS (ACLS, if required for area) and work collaboratively with other disciplines in the medical center
- The RN will possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively apply all aspects of the nursing process. This enables the RN to effectively implement health promotion health promotion and prevention interventions. families.
- The RN will complete patient assessments; admission assessments, discharge plans, verify orders; complete chart reviews; and administer medications.
- The RN will reports patient concerns and issues to the Nurse Manager.
- The RN will complete Resident Instrument Assessments (RAI/MDS)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519357800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.