TTB's mission is to collect alcohol, tobacco, firearms and ammunition excise taxes; to ensure that alcohol beverages are labeled, advertised and marketed in accordance with the law; and to administer the laws and regulations in a manner that protects the revenue, protects the consumer, and promotes voluntary compliance. TTB is recognized as one of the Federal government’s best places to work. We ranked in the top 1% of agency subcomponents (#4 of 339) in 2017. See www.bestplacestowork.org.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Develop plans and programs for achieving and maintaining data quality throughout the sample life cycle, monitor operations to verify adherence to quality plans and requirements, analyze and investigate adverse data quality trends, initiates corrective action, and make recommendations for continued improvement of the Quality System.
- Identify and document the unique requirements for data quality in an analytical chemistry laboratory through administrative and technical Standard Operating Procedures as part of the Quality System to ensure operations will occur in a controlled manner regardless of the personnel carrying out the process, consistent with a strict ISO 17025 or other laboratory accreditation principle
- Oversee & participate in SSD’s Internal Audit Program.
- Review the technical work of chemists through statistical sampling techniques to evaluate adequacy of test methods, reproducibility and accuracy of data and results, conformance of methods and results with TTB’s policies and procedures, and adequacy of the technical review process.
- Lead, perform, administer, or advise on work concerned with assuring the quality of laboratory data acquired and used by the TTB laboratories.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519328600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.