The VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System is recruiting for a Social Worker. The Social Worker will function as the Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Specialist for Homeless Programs within Social Work Service. This position provides case management and intervention support to the Housing and Urban Development-Veterans Affairs Supported Housing (HUD-VASH) Program in a team oriented, recovery-based program with a focus on rapidly housing homeless Vets with complex needs.Learn more about this agency
- Providing direct SUD services for HUD-VASH in the Medical Center.
- Providing Outreach services for HUD-VASH in the community.
- Providing training for other members of the multidisciplinary treatment team in areas related to SUD assessment, anger management, and life skills and SUD with co-occurring disorders.
- Conducting intake and needs assessment of homeless Veterans and their significant others.
- Identifying symptoms leading to clinical diagnoses of SUD.
- Providing all necessary assessment functions, e.g. interviewing, psychosocial histories, and SUD assessments to aid in the development of treatment plans.
- Developing comprehensive treatment plans with the Veteran that address the factors that contributed to homelessness, including SUD and other co-occurring factors within a recovery model framework.
- Working with the Veteran to realize the Veteran's treatment goals, and reassesses and revises goals as indicated by the Veteran's engagement in treatment.
- Organizing and conducting individual and group case management and SUD treatment, to include early interventions and supportive follow-up to ensure stability in home visits and facility-based contacts.
- Providing SUD support to the HUD-VASH team as a functional member of this team, to include consultation, interventions, or accompanying other case managers on home visits, when indicated by suspicion of HUD-VASH participant SUD use.
- Serving as a member of a multidisciplinary homeless program treatment team.
- Developing partnerships with community agencies, especially those serving homeless and SUD Veterans, with regular contact and communication.
- Providing liaison services with other programs referring homeless Veterans to HUD-VASH to ensure continuity of care and promote successful transition of Veterans from one program to another.
- Providing consultative services to HUD-VASH, as needed.
- Participating in policy making, goal setting, and treatment service planning discussions with other members of HUD-VASH and Homeless Programs.
- Collecting statistical data and for reviewing the data to improve performance and delivery of services to homeless Veterans.
- Providing recovery -oriented treatment with the goal of establishing the Veteran independently in the community at the Veteran's highest level of functioning and quality of life.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
76% or greater - You will be expected to travel for this position within Cuyahoga County and at times, within the catchment area.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519315200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.