Serves as the principal advisor and consultant to the NDU President and senior leadership on matters affecting the University's human capital. Ensures that policies and mechanisms are in place to implement the Title 5, Title 10, and military personnel and manpower authorities necessary to meet the human capital requirements of the NDU mission. The CHCO is dual-hatted as the Director, Human Resources Directorate (HRD).Learn more about this agency
- Makes authoritative recommendations for resolving key, critical, sensitive and controversial human capital issues.
- Conducts planning and assessment of NDU academic and enterprise business support requirements and translates these into human capital resourcing strategies. Contributes to formulating and operationalizing the NDU strategic plan in the human capital domain
- Responsible for the annual joint manpower review, Talent Management and Performance Management programs, compensation strategies, and their integration with the NDU's planning, programming, budgeting, and execution (PBBE) processes.
- Partners with external agencies such as the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Washington Headquarters Service (WHS), Joint Staff (JS), to ensure NDU HR-related policies and programs are in compliance with all applicate laws.
- Develops strategies for creating a culture that develops and sustains an aligned, high-performing, Whole-of-University work force. Creates HR Strategy that holds leaders/employees accountable for their actions, HR polices/internal controls to minimize organizational risk from unethical practices.
- Chairs the NDU Human Capital Council (HCC)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519296500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.