This position is located in Transmission Services (T) of the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA). The position involves periods of pertinent formal education and periods of employment in the electronics engineering occupational field as a part of a formal student employment program. The incumbent will participate in the BPA engineering program and will complete rotational assignments in various organizations.Learn more about this agency
As a Student Trainee in the Electronics Engineering occupational field, you will complete periods of pertinent formal education and periods of employment as part of a formal student employment program. Work assignments during periods of employment include tasks which involve a varied and complex sequence of standardized or prescribed operations. Typical tasks may include you to assist with:
- Perform a variety of tests in accordance with established methods.
- Adjust and operate test equipment of proven reliability.
- Apply standardized test procedures.
- Record instrument readings.
- Determine whether the test data fall within normal limits.
- Determine the apparent causes of deviations in the test data resulting from equipment malfunctions, observational errors, and other causes.
- Analyze and present data in accordance with established methods.
- Extract data from a variety of prescribed but non-standardized sources.
- Recognize errors which are readily apparent (e.g., misplaced decimal points and reversal of algebraic sign) but which require a limited knowledge of the subject matter.
- Process the data according to well-defined methods and designated formulas using elementary algebra and geometry in addition to arithmetic.
- Assemble, install, and maintain instruments and equipment.
- Participate with engineers in meetings relating to the review of engineering elements of assigned projects.
- Accompany engineers on field inspections of in-process and completed work.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel including overnight travel is required to various BPA locations for training. Travel will not exceed 30 days.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519180400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.