THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a PURCHASING AGENT, Position Description Number D2272000 and is part of the WY United States Property and Fiscal Office, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the procurement of standard or specialized service; supply; and/or construction items, services, and/or materials primarily through formal advertising, or through limited use of negotiation techniques.
(1) Performs detailed review of purchase requests for specialized supplies, equipment, services, or commercial requirements in terms of adequacy, consistency, un-restrictiveness of specifications or descriptions, compliance with administrative requirements, and certification of funds.
(2) Determines procurement source and method. Obtains or develops source list of responsible contractors. Coordinates with Small Business Specialists.
(3) Solicits oral or written quotes. If using open market procedures, obtains oral or written quotes. Calls vendors to get oral quotes when delivery is urgent or items are well known.
(4) Receives and reviews formal bids and quotes. Review quotes for price reasonableness and determines if requirements for competition have been met. Evaluates quotes in terms of price, item, discount, transportation, costs, and delivery time and determines offer most advantageous to the government.
(5) Prepares award documentation and performs post award follow-up. Selects and uses the appropriate method to confirm or place the order primarily by using a purchase order or may occasionally use a delivery order on purchases against an established contract; a blanket purchase agreement for contracts negotiated and agreed to in advance for repetitive needs; and government credit card procedures when applicable.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519171900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.