This is an open continuous announcement for Psychologist's within the Battle Creek VA Medical Center and surrounding CBOC locations.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as Staff Psychologist at Battle Creek VA Medical Center. As a Staff Psychologist, the incumbent diagnoses mental disorders, conducts psychological assessments, treats mental disorders through a variety of modalities (individual, family, and group psychotherapies) and provides adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a treatment provider conducting assessment interviews, composing psychosocial assessment reports, formulating diagnostic impressions, developing treatment plans, providing psychotherapy to patients through individual and group sessions, making referrals for aftercare and placement, and documenting services provided and the course of treatment of patients.
- Administers and interprets a variety of psychological/psycho diagnostic group and individual tests selected by the incumbent and composes reports summarizing and interpreting psychological testing results.
- Gathers objective psycho diagnostic information. Conducts interviews, uses rating scales, questionnaires or other measurement devices or observes the patient to assess emotional, functional or psychological condition. Has an expert professional mastery of the assessment tools available to effectively diagnose abnormalities or variations thereof in the specialized area of psychology.
- Based on data gathered during the assessment, plans an appropriate clinical treatment for individual patients. This includes preparation and implementation of treatment plans (using the designated treatment planning software) developed in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. Conceptualizes, develops and presents detailed treatment plans for a full range of psychological services for a specialized unit or an entire location.
- Evaluates/Adjusts treatment, as necessary. Continually monitors patient's progress using Measurement Based Care principles. Determines when reassessment is appropriate and adjusts treatment plan accordingly. Maintains current knowledge of psychotherapeutic techniques by reviewing and/or participating in research and/or attending relevant continuing education.
- Participates in provision of a psychologically therapeutic program or clinic in the area of assignment in the Medical Center, as a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. Hours may be rotated or extended to include evenings and weekends based on the needs of the Medical Center and our Veterans.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
We accept applications for this occupation on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants will be considered as vacancies become available. Applications will be reviewed and names forwarded for consideration on a biweekly basis.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519139200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.