This position is assigned to the Occupational Therapy Department within Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service (PM&RS) and serves the inpatients in the acute care hospital, outpatients in the walk-in and scheduled clinics, and the residents of the Community Living Center.Learn more about this agencyLearn more about this agency
- Assists with screening, evaluation and re-evaluation process by implementing specifically delegated assessments for which competency has been established and by providing verbal or written reports of observations and client capacities to the Occupational Therapist (OT).
- Receives and interprets the instructions from the OT including completing a thorough reveiw of the OT evaluation, treatment plan and patient data and coordinating to ensure that any necessary clarification is obtained.
- Scheduling treatment and coordination of that treatment with other VA services.
- Accurately documents the OT services in the medical record within the timeframes, formats and standards established by the department.
- Contributes to the discontinuation or transition plan by providing information and documentation to the supervising OT related to the client's needs, goals, performance and appropriate follow up resources.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519125300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.