This vacancy is for an Area Manager position at the Chicago Regional Census Center, located in Chicago, IL. The purpose of this position is to assist the Assistant Regional Census Manager or designated supervisor in the management of all field, group quarters, recruiting, administrative and evaluation operations for Decennial operations.
A Supervisory trial period may be required.
Relocation will NOT be paid.Learn more about this agency
The individual selected for this position will:
- Be responsible for the overall management, oversight, and close control of field, office, and evaluation operations of the Area Census Office.
- Develop and maintain a wide variety of outside contacts with local civic associations, businesses, religious groups, and other community-based organizations.
- Provide coordination, technical direction, observe field observations, and provide analytical and logistical support in the Regional Census Center.
- Monitor the cost and progress reports of field, office, and evaluations activities to assure operations are conducted on schedule and within budgeted allocations.
- Perform or direct the recruiting, interviewing, testing, selection, and induction of new employees.
Occasional travel - Position requires 25% or more frequent travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518990600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.