This position is located in the Health Care (HC) team of the Government Accountability Office (GAO). HC staff is responsible for conducting analysis and preparing products in all areas of health care delivery and financing. The HC mission encompasses policies and programs that affect the health and quality of life of the U.S. population and includes health financing, public health as well as military and veteran health care.Learn more about this agency
As a Senior Analyst, the incumbent serves as an individual contributor or Analyst in Charge (AIC) on research team. The Analyst performs the full range of duties in support of GAO studies in response to requests from congressional committees, subcommittees, and those mandated by public laws and committee reports. These duties include scoping and developing research designs and methodologies, conducting data collection and analysis, and participating in message development and product preparation. Research projects require specialized knowledge in Medicare or Medicaid.
- Independently or in collaboration with team members and a methodologist, determines the approach to be taken, the research design to be used, and researchable questions for Medicaid and Medicare research projects.
- Collects and analyzes data from a variety of sources by applying sound analytical concepts and methods in support of engagement objectives. Selects, refines, organizes and presents factual information and analysis; reviews program documents and reports; and decides on form, content, scope, and depth of analysis and response. Compares and presents options for review by internal and external audiences.
- Evaluates and analyzes findings to discern interrelationships and decides on thoroughness of information to be used in the report findings.
- Communicates, to Congress in presentations and written reports, factual and analytical information in a clear, balanced manner.
- As required, serves as the Analyst in Charge (AIC) on a research team. Prioritizes the work to ensure milestones are met; manages staff and assigns work to team members, to include expectations and deadlines for completing assignments; and performs audit work.
- As a Senior Analyst on the research team, serves as a coach or mentor to Band I Analysts and PDP members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518935000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.