The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of Atlanta, GA and the surrounding area as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. Apply for this exciting opportunity!Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Local Hire employees:
- Help FEMA respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards by performing a variety of emergency management functions which are not limited to disaster survivor assistance, conducting and verifying damage assessments, and providing administrative, financial and logistical support.
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Local Hire appointments may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Work within 23 different Cadres which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Each Local Hire is hired to a position within a Cadre based on his or her skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience in supporting training programs.
In this position, you will provide administrative support to training programs. Typical assignments include:
- Maintaining training schedules, calendars, and reports.
- Entering training unit-related data into FEMA data systems.
- Setting up training unit and training rooms.
- Supporting classroom training environment with materials reproduction, software tools, and note taking.
- Providing training technology support with electronic equipment (such as Adobe Connect, Video Teleconference, etc)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518775200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.