The incumbent serves as the Deputy Assistant Inspector General (DAIG) for Management in the Office of the Executive Director (EX) under the AIG for Management. EX is responsible for the policies, planning, and management regarding a full range of administrative and related services in support of the mission and functions of the OIG. The incumbent of this position leads, manages, and supervises the activities and staff of the Office in carrying out the functional responsibilities of the Office.Learn more about this agency
The DAIG’s responsibilities includes matters of administration, information technology, quality assurance, budget development and management, employee development, human resources management, space management, operating policies, and internal affairs. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- developing and maintaining a system for administering the independent and separate appropriation of the Office of Inspector General, including full budget justification, presentation, and execution;
- managing and overseeing the human resources management operations of the Office of Inspector General, including staffing and placement, classification, employee relations, equal employment opportunity, and employee benefits;
- managing and overseeing OIG’s travel program that provides OIG employees and contractors with efficient and effective support for all travel needs;
- overseeing the management of OIG’s information technology (IT) program. The incumbent provides IT support services to approximately 250-300 employees and contractors;
- assisting the Assistant Inspector General with internal affairs for the Office of Inspector General;
- overseeing the management of OIG physical facilities. The incumbent provides administrative support services (including procurement, supply, and travel assistance) to approximately 250-300 employees and contractors;
- exercising responsibility within the Executive Office for recruiting, hiring, training, developing, evaluating, promoting and awarding staff members and for promoting the principles of equal employment opportunity;
- collaborating with the Deputy Assistant Inspectors General of other offices within OIG to coordinate the development and implementation of policies and guidelines;
- advising on quality assurance within OIG/EX, including recommending studies of internal controls and implementing any necessary identified changes;
- performing and directing work in monitoring and studying ongoing OIG programs in light of Departmental programs and changing priorities and advising the Assistant Inspector General when redirection appears necessary; and
- attending meetings for the Assistant Inspector General with the other Deputy Assistant Inspectors General to keep informed on the full range of OIG activities and to make recommendations on matters under discussion, particularly as they relate to the Executive Office.
Occasional travel - -
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518758400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.