This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing technical support to end users of the contracting writing system.
- Provides help desk support for the E-Procurement system to include the contract writing system (PRISM) and the Electronic Contract Filing System (ECFS)
- Provides initial and refresher training for the PRISM and ECFS end users
- Participates in the internal planning of proposed procedural and policy changes to PRISM and ECFS
- Recommends noncomplex technical requirement suggestions based on end user feedback and established policies
- Applies research skills to implement new updates in PRISM and ECFS
- Assist Procurement Acquisition Systems Program Manager with efforts to digitize all existing Contract Files and pursue NARA Compliance for digitized contract files
- Performs the duties as the Records Custodian for the HQ FEMA OCPO Contract File Room to include the maintenance and disposition of all files
- Performs the duties as the ECFS Records Manager and Systems Administrator to include user account maintenance, owner reassignments, records maintenance, and records disposition
- Assist with digitizing contract files and preparing them for upload into existing databases and for final disposition
- Performs other duties as required.
Promotion Potential: Positions filled under Stafford Act regulations generally do not have documented promotion potential; however, dependent on an employee’s ability to perform higher level duties, the continuing need for an employee to perform work associated with a higher level position, and administrative recommendation and approval, promotions may be earned by CORE employees.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518727800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.