This announcement is open to the public. If you are not a current KCVA, other VA or other federal employee, please apply to announcement CBDA-10368881-19-INS-ECS.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) at the point of care for the Kansas City VA Medical Center.
The LPN function is to provide quality nursing care to a culturally diverse veteran population of varying complexity in a variety of settings -acute inpatient care
8 East is a 24-bed acute care medical unit with cardiac monitoring availability by telemetry. Admissions are usually from but not limited to Medical Inpatient Teams. The LPN has knowledge and skills to carry out specialized patient care duties which include, but are not limited to; understanding telemetry (as evidenced by passing required competencies per policy) and demonstrated competency in reading telemetry strips.
The practice of each LPN is based on skill, experience, and research and has a direct impact on client outcomes for the assigned area and the facility as a whole. The LPN possesses the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively apply aspects of the nursing process within a collaborative, interdisciplinary practice setting.
The LPN possesses the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Communicate and interact appropriately and courteously with internal and external customers.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient / employee information electronically, verbally, and written.
- Work and function within a safe manner including infection control and operation of equipment.
- Integrate and apply pertinent aspects of the Medical Center performance improvement program into his/her professional practice.
- Utilize nursing research, evidence based practice and literature in daily practice.
- Provide care appropriate to the bio-psychosocial needs of the population served. This knowledge includes an understanding of the changes associated with aging and principles of growth and development relevant to the adult and geriatric population. He/ she must be able to assess and interpret data relating to the patient's current health status, which will facilitate the delivery of care appropriate to the age specific needs of the adult and geriatric patient.
- Provide culturally competent care to a diverse patient population.
Work Schedule: Various Tours (Nights - Schedule to be set by Supervisor)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Functional Statement Title/#: Licensed Practical Nurse- 8 East Medical Telemetry
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518725100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.