The position of Supply Technician is located in the Medical Supply Distribution (MSD) area of the Logistics Service Line with the Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Health Care System (VA HCS) and supported catchment area. The primary purpose of the position is to ensure that supplies and material are distributed to all areas serviced by Logistics. Provides wards, clinics, operating rooms, secondary storage locations, and other hospital facilities with supplies and materials, and equipment.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as Supply Technician (Medical) for the Medical Supply Distribution (MSD) areas of Logistics Service within the VA Health Care System. As a Supply Technician, you will provide wards, clinics, operating rooms, secondary storage locations, and other hospital facilities with supplies and material including, but not limited to, sterile and non-sterile medical supplies, instrument sets and equipment.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Pulls stock inventory and material for delivery; replenishes stock inventory; interacts with clinical and administrative customers and maintains records on stock levels;
- Communicates to the Lead or Supervisor any concerns related to supplies, equipment and procedures.
- Provides information to customers regarding medical supplies;
- Monitors expiration dates, rotates stock to limit outdates and removes items from use as required by outdates;
- Monitors and controls critical supplies;
- Performs daily inventory using bar coding equipment on a predetermined schedule that will allow for timely replenishment;
- Resolves differences between records and physical count of stock;
- Distributes items according to established or ad hoc requirements in computerized inventory management systems;
- Delivers supplies in a timely manner and ensures supplies and material delivered are in sterile and operational condition;
- Completes specialty cart preparation;
- Cleans assigned secondary areas in accordance with aseptic principles; and
- Receives supplies and material into the medical center's catchment area.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Supply Technician /23336-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518698800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.