The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of the Atlanta, GA and surrounding area as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. Apply for this exciting opportunity!Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Local Hire employees:
- Help FEMA respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards by performing a variety of emergency management functions which are not limited to disaster survivor assistance, conducting and verifying damage assessments, and providing administrative, financial and logistical support.
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Local Hire appointments may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Work within 23 different Cadres which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Each Local Hire is hired to a position within a Cadre based on his or her skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience in environmental preservation.
In this position, you will provide subject matter expertise in Environmental/Historic Preservation (EHP) review, reports, and compliance and assist other program specialists in the environmental review process. Typical assignments include:
- Collecting data on environmental resources and/or issues related to potential impacts and preparing written reports and other documents.
- Identifying EHP resource considerations (parks, floodplains, marshes, historic communities) in a Preliminary Damage Assessment (PDA).
- Making determinations of effect on EHP resources beyond established agreements/protocols for streamlined review.
- Coordinating the integration of environmental reviews with concurrent historic preservation and floodplain reviews.
- Organizing documents and consolidating into the EHP disaster record.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518636000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.