Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to changeLearn more about this agency
Being a Lead Criminal Investigator makes you a valuable member of the Office of the Inspector General, Investigations Division. You will be responsible for leading criminal investigations for the most difficult, sensitive and complex investigative matters. Typical assignments include:
- Coordinates major multi-agent cases or investigations.
- Plans, organizes and personally conducts investigations with regard to a wide variety of allegations received by the Office of Investigations.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to a team of Criminal Investigators (Special Agents) engaged in conducting sensitive and complex corruption and fraud-related investigations in connection with the Department of Homeland Security components, employees and contractors.
- Department of Justice for criminal and civil prosecution; and testifying and serving as a government witness in court proceedings.
- DHS OIG Special Agents have the authority to conduct criminal, civil, and administrative investigations, to apply for and execute search warrants, to make arrests, to carry firearms, and to utilize a range of specialized investigative techniques.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518612800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.