This position is assigned to the Navy Gateway Inns & Suites (NGIS) operation; Navy Lodging Branch; Fleet Readiness; Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC); Naval Support Activity Bethesda (NSA, Bethesda) The incumbent will manage daily NGIS operations and lodging programs.Learn more about this agency
- Operates a professional Department of Defense (DoD) lodging operation, consistent with those services and amenities provided in a commercial, mid-grade hotel for guests in a Temporary Duty (TDY), Permanent Change of Station (PCS), or Leisure status.
- Manages and is accountable for the Non-Appropriated Billeting Fund (NABF).Responsible for the efficient and proper use of all non-appropriated fund (NAF) and appropriated fund (APF) resources, including funds, personnel, facilities, supplies and equipment.
- Provides short and long range financial plans to ensure program goals are met.
- Provides customer-facing integration, execution, and management of services and resources at the installation level.
- Ensures the safety and security of guests, associates, and lodging assets.
- Participates in the development and execution of the installation NGIS business plan, annual budget and capital plan.
- Maintains accountability for the requisition, receipt, and storage of all inventory, consumable, non-consumable, minor property and fixed assets.
- Conducts weekly Room Inspections in accordance with program standards for all room types.
- Responds to all guest comment card surveys in a professional and timely manner and in accordance with program standards.
- Attends CNIC, Region, and Installation lodging training to ensure training efforts result in improving performance in operational management, service delivery, and proper training of employees to meet program standards and developmental expectations. Examples include professional certifications; CNIC hosted management training; CNIC approved on-line training; and achieving property accreditation.
- Manages and participates in improvement efforts to include Mystery Shop Call results; customer response results; and achieving annual property accreditation.
- Demonstrates proficiency and knowledge with hotel management applications and reporting systems.
- Manages online property website content.
- Utilizes the Navy Lodging Program’s Property Management System (PMS) to access guest information and retrieve reservation information for analytics and forecasting.
- Utilizes the Enterprise Inventory Management System (CORE-HMS) to verify room inventories and modify inventory availability for multiple sales channels (e.g., Call Center, Defense Travel System (DTS), DoD lodging website, etc.) to maximize utilization and revenue generating opportunities.
- Prepares reports for higher authority and analyzes, evaluates and implements instructions and notices from higher authority.
- Assesses trends and problems that span the operation; recommends and implements necessary changes; and evaluates results.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with divisions, departments, directorates, and other offices that provide goods or services to the operation; fosters relationships within the community.
- Provides oversight for a recurring facility preventive maintenance program and maximizes funding and services supporting effective maintenance efforts.
- Manages real property resources and provides advice on renovations, improvements, and minor and/or major construction.
- Markets the NGIS program using technology with approved online, print, and local resources to ensure patrons are aware of the availability of lodging assets and programs.
- Develops performance work statements for contract services and measures compliance through inspections, audits, and customer critiques.
- Meets program standardization goals and participates in the lodging accreditation program.
- Maintains accountability for the safeguarding of all funds.
- Meets or exceeds budgeted profit margins by accurately forecasting revenues and expenses.
- Prepares timely, well-planned annual budgets that accurately reflect the property’s potential business plan.
- Anticipates revenue or cost opportunities and manages the timing of discretionary expenditures to stabilize cash flow.
- Coordinates with fiscal oversight during reviews of minor property and fixed assets.
- Ensures lodging operational costs are fully reimbursed when establishing rates for support services provided to other Programs (e.g., MWR, Unaccompanied Housing, etc.).
Occasional travel - 10% or less
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518592800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.