You will serve as a Clinical Psychologist in the Research and Development Directorate, Psychological Health Center of Excellence (PHCoE) Division, Clinical Care Branch of the DEFENSE HEALTH AGENCY.Learn more about this agency
The mission of the Research and Development, Psychological Health Center of Excellence is to improve the lives of our nation's Service members, Veterans, and their families by advancing excellence in psychological health care, readiness, and prevention of psychological health disorders.
- You will be responsible for multiple teams to address psychological health needs of patients who disclose sexual assault/harassment.
- You will apply professional knowledge of psychological principles, theories, methods or data to practical situations and problems related to sexual assault/sexual harassment disclosure during health care encounters
- You will conduct and contribute to the systematic collection, organization, and integration of quantitative and qualitative data from multiple sources related to sexual assault/harassment disclosure.
- You will use experimental, statistical, mathematical or other research techniques in the systematic investigation and study of the behavior, capacities, traits, interests, and activities of human beings who have been sexually assaulted or harassed.
- You will provide analysis of medical response components, initiatives, and processes to identify programmatic areas of strength/weakness related to psychological health for those who disclose.
- You will synthesize research findings and results, formulate research-based recommendations for improvements, and incorporate these findings into written, verbal, and visual presentations.
- You will apply state-of-the-art psychological health research and clinical methods, along with the knowledge of DoD regulations, US law, and practice standards pertaining to the medical management of sexual harassment/sexual assault disclosure.
- You will serve as the technical authority in conducting complex innovative research and analysis, requiring a very high degree of professional expertise to resolve critical operational scientific problems.
- You will formulate new theoretical or conceptual frameworks from which to derive research objectives and testable hypotheses when there is little or no theory to guide the research.
- You will define and articulate research projects in Project Plans and/or Contractual Statements of Work.
- You will report research findings, results, and recommendations in briefings, professional papers, technical reports, book chapters, and other formats which offer maximum possibility for use and implementation of results.
- You will serve as the subject matter expert in a high technical and specialized area of behavioral research.
- You will advise DoD and DHA on activities and functions pertaining to the evaluation of medical management for patient disclosure of sexual assault and harassment, from a psychological health perspective.
- You will plan and conduct briefings of DoD personnel concerning mental health needs of patients who disclose sexual assault in general, and own research programs in particular.
- You will provide independent analysis of DHA medical management of sexual assault program components, initiatives, and processes to identify programmatic areas of strength/weakness as it relates to psychological health.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518588800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.