About the Position: This position is located at the Ophthalmology/Optometry/Audiology department in the Irwin Army Community Hospital (IACH) at Fort Riley, Kansas.Learn more about this agency
- Supervision of Refractive Eye Surgery Program: maintaining electronic data, equipment, supplies and up-to-date training for assisting during refractive surgical procedures.
- Supervision of Ophthalmic technicians: overseeing training, orientation, maintenance of skills, counseling, and scheduling (clinic/OR/leave.)
- Ophthalmic screening (including visual acuity, automated refraction, lensometry, color vision testing, stereo vision testing, pachymetry, keratometry, pupil examination, contact tonometry, automated visual field testing, and ophthalmic photography).
- Maintain accurate medical documentation in electronic medical record.
- Minor surgical assistance with maintaining and securing sterilization of ophthalmic microsurgical instruments; assisting in surgery including sterile patient prep, retraction, providing visualization, loading and cutting sutures, and wound dressings.
- Major surgical assistance during routine intraocular procedures requiring a microscope; and use of specialized medication and equipment in the operating room.
- Triage of the ophthalmic patient telephonically, in an emergency as well as a post-operative setting.
- Works and communicates effectively as a team member and a team leader.
- This position may be subject to extended hours, on-call duty, and/or an irregular tour of duty.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518588300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.