PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy is limited to the first 100 applications received and will close at 11:59pm ET on the closing date or at 11:59pm ET on the day we receive the 100th application, whichever comes first.Learn more about this agency
This position serves as an experienced Auditor (IT) in the Kansas City regional office for the Office of Assistant Inspector General for Audit (AIGA), Information Technology Audit Operations Division, USDA-OIG. The AIGA is responsible for providing auditing services and oversight for USDA agencies and programs. In this experienced position the Auditor (IT) assists or leads in planning and performing audit procedures, in accordance with applicable standards and guidance of USDA agencies’ Information Technology systems, networks and data.
The Auditor (IT) will perform the following duties:
- Assists supervisor in designing and conducting audit procedures to identify vulnerabilities in USDA’s IT infrastructure according to Federal standards including NIST, OMB and GAO guidance.
- Researches applicable laws, directives, regulations, manuals, prior studies, and audit reports to gain knowledge and understanding of areas being audited.
- Analyzes the Departments hardware, software, and operating systems to ensure IT security policies, procedures and tools are applied to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of USDA systems.
- Identifies unusual or questionable IT practices, procedures, or operations.
- Conducts interviews with auditee to gather information to support audit procedures and briefs supervisors on conclusions.
- Prepares work papers to document the work accomplished which includes narratives explaining auditor conclusions based on evidentiary support.
- Assists supervisors in writing segments of draft and final IT or IT related audit reports, following the standard written product format.
25% or less - Occasional
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518559800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.