The incumbent is a journeyman pipefitter within the Facilities Management Service at teh VA Medical Center in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
The duties include:
- Performs preventive maintenance /trouble shooting on a wide variety of piping systems to include but not limited to: Steam distribution supply and return, potable and non-potable water distribution supply and return heating and chilled water systems, fluid and natural gas natural gas systems, medical gas systems. Devices that are interfaced with these systems will include but not limited to are as follows: piping and fittings ,traps, valves, pressure reducing valves, cross-connection devices, temperature regulators, hot water tanks, circulating pumps, pneumatic and temperature regulators, hot water tanks, circulating and condensate pumps as well as a wide variety of devices in piping systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance and troubleshooting, repair and installs or replace building service and portable equipment requiring water, steam, gas, or air connections. These include such items as dietetic equipment, medical equipment and systems, plumbing, heating and chilled water systems and equipment and fixtures, thermostatic and pneumatic controls water stills, autoclaves, hot water and steam generators, glassware washers, sterilizers , sanitizers and all related components that relate to the mechanical , plumbing and medical gas utilities supplied to these systems.
- Incumbent is responsible for cutting welding, threading ,soldering, grooving and locking and fabricating a wide variety of piping systems as well as fabricating stainless steel or other ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Maintains necessary logs and records for each unit of equipment or segment of systems of which work or inspection is preformed noting date of inspection, condition of unit, work performed, parts, replaced, man-hours worked, etc.
- Responsible for participating and giving full support to all station programs such as safety, training, incentive awards, manpower utilization and work simplification as well as proper use of and care of tools and equipment.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518529800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.