This position is located at the Office of Cuba Broadcasting, Edward R. Murrow Transmitting Station, Grimesland, North Carolina. The incumbent is responsible for providing day-to-day maintenance, direction, technical guidance, and oversight in all facets of the Station's physical plant and associated buildings and grounds elements.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for the operation, preventive and corrective maintenance of various station utility systems, i.e., water, sewer, drainage heating, cooling and lighting, and the repairs to domestic and foreign industrial systems.
- Responsible for the development of budget projections to ensure necessary funds are allocated for facilities operations. Provides guidance in administering the allocated budget in accordance with an established financial plan and facilities' requirements.
- Prepares Statements of Work, task orders, requisitions, and other procurement instruments for parts, supplies, and services required for sustained facilities and support services requirements.
- Serves as the Contracting Office Representative (COR) responsible for overseeing and assessing the work of contractors performing the following: field and yard mowing; transmission line and pole maintenance; antenna structure maintenance and repair; generator service; janitorial; and other contracted facilities support activities.
- Oversees, plans, or directs the work involved in the installation, major and minor repair, disassembly, maintenance, inspection, diagnosis, and operational testing for necessity or adequacy of repairs of all mechanical and electrical systems and equipment to include: maintenance and repair to air handlers, pumps, and motors; perform diagnostics, repairs and upgrades to low and medium voltage electrical distribution systems to include three phase 4160, 380, 240, 208 and 120 power systems, motor control panels, motors, heat exchangers, and lighting and utility panel and distribution circuits; maintains multi-zoned (refrigerant) cooling and oil-fired heating HVAC systems ranging in size up to 100 tons; and, maintains station fire detection and annunciation systems.
- Ensures that all power generating equipment and associated switchgear is operated in accordance with applicable electrical power contracts, program and operating procedures, agency instructions, and national/state standards. Maintains records related to fuel consumption, kWh generated, and runtime associated with the station 2000kW Caterpillar diesel generator.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518436600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.