Duty Station: Initially will be the selectee's home address (Work At Home position) until the opening of the Area Census Office (ACO) in Brooklyn, NY.
At that time the employee will be required to report to the ACO as their regular place of work.
In order to be considered, ALL APPLICANTS MUST RESIDE in Queens, NY.
Relocation will not be paid.
Learn more about this agency
The individual selected for this position will:
- Directly supervises approximately 10-15 Census Field Supervisors and approximately 3-5 office support clerks.
- Provides group and individual training, monitors daily assignments; provides advice and guidance to subordinate staff.
- Maintains effective public relations with the community within the office boundaries, such as the local news media, community leaders and organizations, and local government officials.
- Establishes an effective working relationship with traditionally hard to enumerate populations or with specific populations indigenous to the area within the office boundaries which incumbent is responsible for, including those with unique cultural community, religious, or other characteristic.
- Assures that specific levels of quality and progress of field operations are being met through analysis of various computer generated reports and observation.
- Reviews and analyzes cost, quality, and progress reports to assure operations are conducted within prescribed time/ allocations and quality and cost efficient standards.
25% or less - Position requires 25% local travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518377400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.