The Office of Information Security (OIS) provides information security and privacy infrastructure for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The office assures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and information systems, and works onLearn more about this agency
matters related to IS Workforce Policy/Strategy, IT Acquisition Workforce, Public-Private Partnerships, Transitioning Military, and Cyber security Skills Development for Veterans.
The first 50 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates in increments of 50 will be referred based on hiring needs.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: Not available
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (PLCYPLN)/17858A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel
and to attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Some employees may carry light items, such as papers, books, or small parts, or drive a motor vehicle. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Develop policy, programs, and guidelines for implementation.
- Ensure that cyber workforce management policies and processes comply with legal and organizational requirements regarding equal opportunity, diversity, and fair hiring/employment practices.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to establish cyber workforce management initiatives related to the enterprise continuity of operations program, strategy, and mission assurance.
- Develop or assist in the development of training policies and protocols for cyber training.
- Establish cyber career paths to allow career progression, deliberate development, and growth within and between cyber career fields.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel 25% or more of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518368800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.