In this position, you will serve as the administrative assistant to the Associate General Counsel for Litigation and assist the rest of the Litigation Division, including the Assistant General Counsels, staff attorneys, paralegal specialists, and other staff. You will plan and carry out the administrative work of the Division, including preparing and circulating court documents, researching and locating information, scheduling and preparing for meetings, and maintaining documents and files.Learn more about this agency
This position offers a unique opportunity to support interesting litigation that intersects with the world of politics, interact with talented colleagues, and enjoy an attractive benefits package and healthy work-life balance. The administrative professional hired for this opening will draw on litigation support experience and superior organizing abilities to provide administrative assistance to a dedicated team of public servants handling important cases.
As the Administrative Assistant in this position, you will:
- Maintain permanent case records within the Office of General Counsel, which include court filings, correspondence, and discovery and other materials.
- Establish and maintain process control systems to provide information and status of current assignments, historical files, deadlines, etc.
- Prepare reports and letters by researching, locating, and assembling materials and using correct format, grammar, and spelling.
- Provide administrative support services such as maintaining time and attendance records, making travel arrangements, maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, tracking personnel actions, and coordinating supply and equipment needs.
- Perform other program, technical, or administrative duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518338300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.