The Auditor assist in conducting audits in the areas of finance, acquisition, logistics, and capital asset management quality control of the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center. The primary purpose of this position is to assure the governing policies, directives and handbooks are followed within finance, acquisition, procurements, logistics and capital asset management.Learn more about this agency
- Conducts activities related to the detection of fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Actively participates as a quality assurance advisor to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Performs financial audits by examining accounts and financial records for certifying and attesting that the financial statements fairly represent the financial position of the organization as of a predetermined date.
- Prepares well-written, comprehensive audit reports which present findings, identify causative situations, and recommend corrective actions.
- Provides consultative support to all Services to facilitate performance improvement, specifically in the areas of productivity, cost effectiveness, and quality of work processes.
- Forms and leads special process improvement teams to review problematic processes and procedures.
- Examines and tests operational records and controls to obtain sufficient evidence of financial system reliability.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible: Not available
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: /16373-A/16374-A/15185-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518301900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.