This position is located in the Office of Compliance (EXC), Division of Defects Investigation (CDI). The Division is responsible for investigating potential product defects and hazards, and negotiating product recalls. We have the opportunity to work with companies on product recalls, and provide guidance and advice to the industry on the requirements of various product voluntary standards.Learn more about this agency
As a supervisor in CDI, you will have responsibility of the overall management, leadership and evaluation of activities to carry out the duties which includes:
- Directing activities, supervising employees and establishing priorities, procedures, and policies to promote efficiency.
- Supervising the investigation of products to preliminarily determine whether they contain defects that present substantial product hazards or whether they violate Commission regulations.
- Supervising and training employees to ensure processes are followed and standards are met, cases proceed in a timely manner with appropriate deadlines, case and project strategies are well-developed and implemented efficiently, and significant matters requiring management review are elevated.
- Overseeing the development and negotiation of recalls and other corrective action plans by companies. Participating directly in the negotiation of corrective action of more difficult cases.
- Developing and implementing strategies for dealing with industry-wide product safety problems. Supervising participation in regulatory development activities, the development of proposed compliance strategies and providing technical and legal guidance.
- Collaborating with other management officials to plan the allocation of resources to assure adequate coordination of the technical, legal and field resources needed to support the activities.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518247100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.