This position of IMMIGRATION SERVICES OFFICER (RECENT GRADUATE) starts at a salary of $43,857.00 GS-09 grade level, step 01, to $57,015.00 GS-09 grade level, step 10, with promotion potential GS-12 grade level.Learn more about this agency
THE ACTUAL SALARY MAY BE HIGHER DUE TO AN ADJUSTMENT FOR LOCALITY PAY. To view the 2018 Locality Pay Charts click on the following link:https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2018/general-schedule/
- Grant or deny complex and highly sensitive applications and petitions for immigration benefits based on electronic or paper applications/petitions.
- Research, interpret and apply appropriate statutes, regulations, and precedent decisions to make adjudicative decisions.
- Interview applicants and petitioners to elicit statements, assess credibility, and analyze information to identify facts that form the basis for a decision concerning eligibility for immigration benefits.
- Conduct security checks and provide assistance to Federal law enforcement agencies to identify individuals who are ineligible for immigration benefits due to national security, public safety, or other legal grounds.
- Use electronic systems to provide verification of any number of established data points to make adjudicative decisions, determine appropriate level of adjudicative review, and update databases with appropriate information and decisions.
- The responsibilities described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence, and limited complexity.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518235600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.