About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Fort Riley, Kansas.
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized.
- Serve as Supervisory Clinical Laboratory Scientist in charge of the Chemistry Section of the Clinical Pathology laboratory.
- Perform and direct the performance of testing procedures ranging from routine to specialized and nonroutine tests.
- Develop and maintain quality control and quality assurance programs for the section.
- Develop and establish performance standards and evaluate work performance of subordinates.
- Write, implement and help develop protocol/standard operating procedures (SOP) for new instruments and testing procedures to meet laboratory needs.
- Standardize, perform and calculate results for variety of complex and specialized tests.
- This position may require the incumbent to work on call during irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
- Moderate to heavy lifting up to 40 pounds is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518232600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.