About the Position: Incumbent reports to the Director of Internal Audit and serves as an agent of the Commander on accounting, financial, operational, and managerial issues that require examination by a professional. This Auditor executes a variety of engagements that require sound knowledge of auditing techniques and the skills necessary to independently plan and conduct traditional audits, quick response audits, sustainment activities, consulting, risk management, compliance and follow-up.Learn more about this agency
- Perform complex performance and/or financial system audits.
- Apply quantitative methods and/or computerized auditing techniques to perform analyses during the audit process.Identify and address problems within an audit where no clear solution exists.
- Identify and apply relevant laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to assist with audits.
- Develop audit guidelines that conform to Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) requirements, and make recommendations for improvement or implementation of new policies.
- Review operating programs, practices, and/or procedures for compliance with regulations and policies.
- Analyze financial management information indicators to assess the effectiveness of the organization's accounting and/or financial operations.
- Analyze financial management information indicators to assess the effectiveness of the organization's accounting and/or financial operations, command program planning, acquisition, management processes, objectives and goals.
- Advise financial managers and/or program directors on regulatory requirements, financial policies, and data interpretation to enable them to make informed decisions.
- Prepare audit reports and/or briefings to present finding and/or recommend corrective action.
- Provide updates on the status of ongoing audits to my immediate supervisor.
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders within an audited entity (e.g., project, program, department, organization) to obtain all pertinent information during an audit.
- Develop auditing policy directives, guidelines, and requirements for programs and projects to be audited.
- Analyze and/or evaluate methods and techniques to issue or study the efficiency and effective of specific programs operations.
- Establish organizational principles and/or practices for continuous appraisal or the utilization of command resources in accomplishing command program planning, acquisition, management process, objectives and goals.
- Interpret pertinent laws, regulations, policies and/or precedents that affect the use of various organizational programs and/or studies in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles to account for the execution of funds.
- Develop briefings, reports, position papers and fact sheets that interpret and explain findings.
- Provide technical advice to assist others assessing audit readiness or evaluating operational efficiencies.
- Compare statistical data from accounting reports and/or financial statements to identify trends.
Occasional travel - 15% Annual Business Travel
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518231800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.