When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response/recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.Learn more about this agency
This is a Senior Executive Service (SES) position located within FEMA's Office of Policy and Program Analysis. The ideal candidate will possess the skills and experience necessary to provide analysis and high level policy advice and expertise to the Associate Administrator on complex programmatic, regulatory and legislative proposals relative to FEMA and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
The incumbent serves as the focal point through which policy formulation, strategic plans, out-year resource plans, enterprise data analysis and analytical capability-building, audit liaison, defense production act responsibilities, performance management and international affairs activities receive effective central coordination and decision. Decisions may include resources to be expended, the timing of major events, priority of projects and plans, and projects that should be initiated, dropped, or postponed. The incumbent ensures that appropriate long-range planning is coordinated and accomplished, and that there is maximum and efficient utilization of available resources. The incumbent is also the principal advisor to the Associate Administrator on the appropriate methods of best accomplishing Presidential policy objectives, Departmental and FEMA priorities.
Typical assignments include:
- Directing the development of policies, guidance, and implementation strategies for Office and subordinate entity programs.
- Planning and coordinating the development of national policy and strategy for FEMA that is consistent with the Administration's and Department's policy views and strategic objectives.
- Continuously analyzing and recommending changes to policy and strategy in order to achieve FEMA and Departmental strategic goals and objectives and enhance program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Carrying out the full range of management responsibilities and acting with full authority over the work of the Office's Policy and Strategy, Enterprise Resource Planning, Enterprise Analytics, International Affairs, Defense Production Act, and Audit Liaison Divisions.
- Recommending courses of action to the Associate Administrator and exercising authority to determine goals, plans, budgets, and organization.
- Managing and directing major program components to ensure consistency of operations and excellent stewardship of resources. Responsible for Office budget and acquisitions.
- Assisting the Associate Administrator in assessing the impact of organizational guidance and/or new or pending legislation on Agency priorities.
- Ensuring alignment of Office resources to manage Agency risk and promote effective, efficient achievement of FEMA and DHS mission and priorities.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
Occasional travel - This position may require occasional non-emergency travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518228900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.