Join the dynamic senior leadership team in the Department of Treasury, Bureau of the Fiscal Service. The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through the provision of accounting, financing, collections, payments, and shared services.Learn more about this agency
The Deputy Assistant Commissioner (Data Transparency Staff) provides executive leadership, guidance, and practical support for all data activities in support of Fiscal Service’s program missions and for government-wide financial data transparency. The incumbent functions as a program manager, technical advisor, and principal program expert to the Fiscal Accounting Assistant Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner (Fiscal Accounting and Shared Services), Commissioner, and Treasury’s Fiscal Assistant Secretary concerning the Bureau of the Fiscal Service’s activities to advocate open, accountable, and participatory government through providing reliable, timely, secure, and consumable financial management data.
The primary purpose of this cross-government data initiative is to promote transparency, facilitate better decision making, and improve operational efficiency across the federal government in accordance with the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) of 2006, the DATA Act, future legislation, and by the authority granted to the Bureau of the Fiscal Service by the Secretary of the Treasury.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides executive leadership, direction, and oversight of the various programs and initiatives related to establishing data standards and promoting data transparency, with a primary focus on financial management data.
- Initiates, plans, implements, and reviews all tasks associated with operating a governmentwide initiative to promote data transparency and establish data standards to provide open, available, and reliable data sources for consumption by governmental and non-governmental users. This includes identifying, researching, obtaining, and analyzing data from multiple sources; drafting legislation if needed; and developing various analytical approaches to support program needs.
- Represents the Bureau of the Fiscal Service in negotiations, conferences, and meetings with officials at the Department, other Treasury bureaus, the Federal Reserve System, OMB, other Federal agencies, other governments and industry participants regarding data transparency and financial management issues and matters of mutual concern.
- Maintains continuing liaison with key officials in these agencies for the purpose of interpreting and advising on new Fiscal Service policies and plans and for securing cooperation regarding new data transparency initiatives.
- Oversees operations for a staff that houses data and analytical tools that enable, encourage, and assist agencies in ensuring the completeness and accuracy of their financial management data. Plans and directs the activities of a small and highly professional staff whose primary responsibility is to develop business strategies and products and facilitate public/private partnership towards greater transparency of financial management data.
- Leverages cross agency and industry initiatives in this field.
- Determines the effectiveness of alternative methods and processes on an on-going basis.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with key stakeholders and communicates program information and guidance to Federal agencies and interested parties.
- Establishes collaborative forums and working groups with participation from Federal agencies, industry participants, and/or other governments and facilitates the development of standards, processes, and innovative solutions with the ultimate goal to promote data transparency.
Occasional travel - .
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518220600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.