Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 60 days of the closing date.Learn more about this agency
This position is also being announced concurrently under Merit Promotion procedures vacancy number: M19-DP-10368840-IMT. Applicants who wish to be considered under MP must apply to both vacancies separately.
About this agency
WHAT DOES AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (DATABASE ADMINISTRATION / DATA MANAGEMENT) DO? An Information Technology (IT) Specialist (Database Administration / Data Management) uses a wide variety of information, knowledge, and tools to develop, modify, and administer EXIM databases used to store and retrieve data and to develop standards for the handling of data. In this specific role, you may be called upon to lead significant projects which require coordination with IT professionals outside of your own division, such as the Infrastructure and Application Development divisions. This work often involves difficult and complex problems in the administration of databases, in the modification of data elements, retrieval, and reporting of information to customers from the databases, and insuring the security of data. The solutions of problems and issues have application outside the IT organization, and are adaptable to many internal and external customers to EXIM.
At the full performance level, duties include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and maintain databases (currently we are running Oracle versions 11g and 12c on Unix).
- Setup and administer Oracle Database Appliances.
- Monitor and optimize database performance and tuning of database operations.
- Generate complex queries and reports.
- Participate in the design of data mining and data warehousing of systems.
- Develop data dictionaries, data models, metadata repositories, and other data management tools.
- Produce database design schema for integrating source data into data management systems.
- Ensure compliance with data management standards. Recommend new or modified standards to increase efficiency. Recommend performance enhancements such as increasing storage capacity or modifying interfaces. Support all data related audits.
- Execute the deployment of system applications to the production environment.
- Plan and coordinate the migration of data to a newer version of a database management system.
- Plan and coordinate the Continuity of Operations (COOP) activities as it relates to database management functionalities using tools such as Oracle's Data Guard.
- Perform a wide range of database administration functions, including running test queries, troubleshooting database problems, maintaining version control of database entities, advising customers on new database features, and leading studies to evaluate the effectiveness of current database methods and procedures.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518203500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.