This position is located in the Regional Office of the Economic Development Administration, within a Team responsible for the development and monitoring of a construction grants. The incumbent of this position serves as a Civil Engineer with responsibility for providing professional engineering review and project, environmental review and project management services for all EDA projects in the geographic area to which assigned.Learn more about this agency
The individual selected for this position will perform the following duties
- Provides construction management directions and expert technical advice in civil engineering.
- Reviews recipient’s final construction plans specifications, cost estimates and other related documents for compliance with EDA requirements, approved project scope and applicable local, state, and Federal codes and statutes.
- Monitors recipients compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and requirements which are pre-requisite to solicitation of construction bids including, but not limited to, the requirements of Section 106 of PL 89-136, the Relocation Assistance Act, Flood Insurance Act, Clear Air Act, Davis-Bacon and related Acts, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11296, PL 90-480 concerning design of buildings for handicapped persons and all pertinent sections of the latest edition of EDA's Requirements for Approved Projects. When satisfied that all requirements are met, allows project to proceed to bid stage.
- Monitors recipients' compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and requirements which are pre- requisite to solicitation of construction bids.
- Monitors the financial position of assigned projects including field audit of recipients records to assure that proper accounts have been established, that matching funds are available, that only approved costs have been paid from project accounts and that fund balances are correct.
- The incumbent of this position serves as the Regional Environmental Officer and is responsible for developing and implementing procedures/guidance for complying with environmental legislation, Executive Orders, and regulations.
- Assists the Austin Regional Office in resolving post-approval environmental matters and designs mechanisms as well as controlling programs and projects for mitigating adverse environmental impacts.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required for the position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518179800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.