About the Position: The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Charleston District works to continually meet the needs of our customers and the Nation. We are a bustling district of 250 employees who provide a variety of services throughout South Carolina, the Southeast and the Nation. Through regulatory permits, civil works projects, military construction, international and interagency support, and emergency operations, the Charleston District is one of the most diverse districts in the Corps.Learn more about this agency
- Provides technical expertise and oversight for planning, development, and management of GIS products and digital databases in support of operations and maintenance programs.
- Employee will plan, develop and manage the necessary spatial databases and tasks needed to interface all existing and newly acquired spatial data for proper operation of the Operations Division?s GIS Program.
- Incorporates GIS technology into an enterprise Geographic Information System (eGIS) that is used to support management decisions.
- Advises and provides assistance to project managers, biologists, engineers, and scientists in developing geospatial databases for utilization of GIS.
- Acquires and creates GIS coverages, generates reports, statistical summaries, digital/hardcopy maps, digital images, and other customer-requested products
- Evaluates GIS data sets and data collection devices/software on a project application basis to confirm accuracy and/or reliability of data collected.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518168600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.