About the Position: This is a permanent position in the excepted service without time limitation and will not be filled by a competitive appointment. Service in this position may be fully creditable toward civil service retirement. Any selected applicant who is in the competitive service will be taken out of the competitive service when he or she occupies this position and will compete only with other excepted status employees in the event of a reduction-in-force.Learn more about this agency
- The duty station will alternate between Ft. Belvoir, VA, and Washington, DC.
- 1) Serve as principal legal advisor to the PARC Winchester on a variety of contract formation and administration issues including, but not limited to:
- Peer reviews, acquisition planning, source selection, noncompetitive acquisitions, consolidation of projects, small business matters, program management reviews and procurement policy.
- 2) Coordinate and confer with senior officials within the Transatlantic Division, the Engineer Research and Development Center, the Army Geospatial Center, the Huntsville Engineer Center and the Humphreys Engineer Center, as required:
- Regarding complex or controversial matters pertaining, but not limited to, architect-engineer, construction, and service contracting.
- 3) Representing USACE in bid protests filed with the Government Accountability Office.
- 4) Developing responses to Congressional inquiries concerning USACE procurement activities.
- 5) Evaluating new, proposed, and existing legislation, executive orders, and opinions of the Comptroller General to determine the effect on USACE construction programs, procurement policies, procedures, regulations, and methods of operations.
- 6) Developing written guidance on procurement law matters having USACE-wide effect.
- 7) Reviewing requests for permission to use special clauses in contracts and requests for deviation from DOD, DA and USACE Procurement Regulations.
Occasional travel - travel may be required approximately up to 10% of the time to visit field sites, attend conferences, and provide training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518015700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.