This position is located in the Legal Division, Commercial Litigation Unit, Washington, DC and provides support in the areas of administrative duties.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.Learn more about this agency
- Types and edits from rough draft, often under short deadlines, material involving the use of legal and related specialized terminology ensuring correct grammar, spelling, and format. Material consists of agreements, briefs, opinions, letters, memoranda, and other documents pertaining to legal matters.
- Provides technical support in the preparation of opinions, legal briefs, agreements, correspondence and memoranda by verifying facts, records, references, statistics, statutes, rules and regulations and case citations.
- Provides day-to-day administrative coordination of work assignments for members of the unit. This encompasses tracking the workflow and due dates, evaluating work assignments and priorities and advising of potential conflicts in such areas as work schedules or deadlines, and reviewing the final product.
- Organizes files for the use of the Unit Chief and his/her Unit staff. Oversees the general office file system to verify that correct procedures are in place and maintain quality control.
- Makes appointments, arranges conferences, receives callers and ascertains the nature of their business, and personally disposes of their requests whenever possible.
- Serves as the focal point for telephone or written inquiries and independently determines to which staff member or corporate office the inquiry should be addressed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517972400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.