You will serve as a IT Specialist (Infosec) in the Remote Sensing, Code 720000 of NAVAL RESEARCH LABORATORY.Learn more about this agency
- You will diagnose networked system failures to isolate sources of problems between equipment, networks, systems software, and applications systems.
- You will resolve isolated issues within operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix, Linux) to recommend resolutions.
- You will analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of administrative programs to develop recommendations to substantive problems.
- You will analyze and collect administrative data to document productivity and recommend solution to problems.
- You will develop and administer data standards, policies, and procedures for an organization.
- You will develop information technology (IT) configuration plans to support organizational IT requirements.
- You will establish performance and functional requirements defined in production definition information.
- You will manage the implementation of a total life cycle configuration management for an organization.
- Ypu will analyze metrics to identify strengths and weaknesses in the information technology (IT) business environment.
- You will establish information technology (IT) program goals and objectives for technical and administrative matters within a division.
- You will conduct operational planning (e.g., strategic planning, capital planning and investment control, workforce planning, policy and standards development) to enable information exchange in information technology (IT) environments.
- You will develop and implement policies, procedures, and regulations related to application hosting and supporting application migrations to achieve Data Center Consolidation goals.
- You will define the relationships between supported information technology (IT) services, applications, and technical components for reference in a service portfolio.
- You will conduct a needs analysis to establish customer requirements for information technology (IT) systems or equipment.
- You will diagnose customer information system issues to distinguish between hardware, software, network, and user-related problems.
- You will manage customer service performance requirements to ensure delivery of information technology (IT) solutions.
- You will manage a workforce through supervisors who oversee projects and programs assigned to a division.
- You will manage information technology (IT) workforce planning (e.g., recruitment, retention, training) to support business objectives within a command.
- You will formulate guidelines for projects and specific approaches to direct junior employees in assignments.
- You will coordinate the work of others to meet the organization?s mission.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517964700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.