Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas.Learn more about this agency
- Review correspondence, reports, and other documents prepared for Director/Deputy Director signature using office automation equipment, ensuring correct grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and format.
- Keep supervisor's calendar; determine meeting priorities, and schedule appointments and meetings based on personal knowledge of workload and current issues without prior approval. Manage scheduling conflicts; prepare documents for meetings.
- Receive visitors and phone calls, determine nature of request, and refer only those contacts needing staff attention.
- Route calls and visitors based upon knowledge of programs and operations.
- Read and process incoming correspondence and material, identifying which items need to be brought to the attention of the supervisor, referred to appropriate staff, rerouted to other organizations, or handled personally.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to a group of supervisors and maintain official office records electronically and in accordance with Records Management requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517842800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.