THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a BASE OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR, Position Description Number D116000 and is part of the WY Training Center Command, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Joint Force Headquarters-State, Operations Directorate (J-3), Army National Guard (ARNG) Training Center, Garrison Training Center. The purpose of the position is to serve as the Training Center Manager responsible for all operational aspects of a training center. These training sites are authorized Range and Training Land Program (RTLP) and Integrated Training Area Management (ITAM) funds. Performance of training center support functions are directed through subordinate supervisors, a staff of National Guard (NG) technicians, Active Guard Reserves (AGR), full-time and seasonal state employees, and attached full-time training duty NG, reserve or active military augmentees. This is a supervisory position that has as its paramount requirement, knowledge, experience, and technical supervision of administrative, clerical, scientific, artistic, or technical work not related to trades, craft, or manual-labor work.
(1) Manages the overall operational aspects of the Garrison Training Center to include long and short range planning; and directing the operation, maintenance, repair, rehabilitation, and construction of all real property.
(2) Ensures the provision of supply, support to troops, and training at the installation to include requirements, procurement, storage, issue and control of ammunition, POL, Station property, cantonment supply and billeting, and transportation motor pool operations.
(3) Manages a variety of funds including program management of Range and Training Program (RTLP) funds and Integrated Training Area Management (ITAM) funds. Coordinates with the Directorate of Facilities Engineering for agricultural out lease funds, Military Construction (MILCON & UMI) funds, and Base Operations (BASE OPS) minor construction/ maintenance and repair funds.
(4) Directs the development of regulations, procedures and operating instructions tailored to the specific needs of the training center and addresses such functions as logistics and facilities management, range operations, administrative requirements, etc.
(5) Implements programs to ensure compliance with all environmental and natural resource regulations established by Federal, state, and local agencies. Maintains direct dialog with regional EPA representatives concerning pending legislation affecting current and future national defense initiatives at the training centers.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517828400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.