Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.Learn more about this agency
The organizational location of this position is: USAF RADCHEM LB, PATRICK AFB, FL
The purpose of this position is to ensure that underground or atmospheric nuclear weapons testing samples or nuclear effluent materials of nuclear accidents are received, appropriately tasked for analysis via radiochemistry/measurement techniques.
- Performs expert-level work requiring professional knowledge of nuclear sample collection, handling, processing, measurement, data quality assessment and evaluation
- Incumbent provides direction/laboratory tasking for the specific sample set; understands when to require radiochemistry processes be conducted, which procedures should be accomplished and when
- Responsible for determining, in conjunction with the scientific experts from the program office, the laboratory system office and radiochemistry and measurements laboratory, the operational laboratory analysis approach/plan.
- Maintains knowledge of nuclear evaluation requirements and trains with program office technical personnel
- Recognized laboratory technical authority who directs analyses based on knowledge of the overall program tasking and any specific questions being addressed on the specific nuclear event
- Understands the operational collection parameters and the nuclear event that is associated with the incoming samples
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517764800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.