About the Position: Serves as a budget analyst in the Budget Execution Branch, Budget Operations Division, Resource Services Washington, with responsibility managing, planning, organizing, and administrating annual and multi-year budgeting in support of a wide range of administrative, analytical and management activities throughout the Headquarters Department of the Army, Field Operating Agencies, and Joint and DoD activities assigned to the Secretary of the Army.Learn more about this agency
- Analyzes and interpret financial trends in resource utilization to anticipate reprogramming efforts needed or corrective action required to prepare, support, and present supplemental fund requests.
- Develop supporting justification on criticality of requirements and impact on organization if not funded as requested.
- Understanding of fiscal law and all federal obligation laws, and ability to quickly interpret and obligate all required funding documents in GFEBS. GFEBS is a Web-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) system for the United States Army
- Provide guidance to budget and program officials on preparation of budget estimates, budget formulation, and budget presentation. Prepares detailed analyses and critiques of submitted spend plans and budget estimates.
- Execute extensive knowledge of major resource management concepts and initiatives such as Management Decision Packages (MDEPs), Sub Activity Groups (SAGs), and Elements of Resource (EORs) into the planning, budgeting, and execution processes.
- Advise management officials and budget staff offices on the impact of changes in both functional and financial regulatory policies.
- On a daily basis, work with a wide base of offsite customers supporting/understanding requirements through courteous, professional communication such as; email, phone, and video communication to quickly determine need and provide viable solutions.
- Recommends and develops supporting documentation for the execution of the organization?s budget process and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 5% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517743900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.