About the Position: The Walla Walla District US Army Corps of Engineers is comprised of talented employees providing the very best engineering services for communities in the Pacific Northwest. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers officer commands the District's professional civilian workforce of more than 900 personnel. The District helps manage local water resources for navigation, flood damage reduction, disaster assistance, hydroelectric power generation, and other natural and heritage areas.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Project Manager and Team Leader, responsible for the overall management, control, coordination, and execution of civil works related projects, applying an extensive knowledge of project management process.
- Integrate sponsor/customer requirements and participation into a comprehensive management plan that is fully coordinated with all contributing agencies and organizations.
- Establish responsibilities, set expectations, develop, control and manage assigned project budgets and schedules to assure that District commitments to the sponsor/customer are met. provides input to the district budget.
- Manages the efficient and effective coordination and accomplishment of the planning, scoping, development, design, construction, and direction of major projects.
- Reviews project progress, measuring performance and taking necessary corrective actions to maintain agreed upon schedule and cost based on performance trends, forecasts schedule, budget, manpower, or quality problems.
- Represents the Commander, serving as the district's primary point of contact for projects assigned with sponsor/customer, Federal, state, and local government agencies, Congressional interests, other external organizations, and higher authorities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517705400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.