About the Position:Learn more about this agency
As Engineering Services Branch Chief, you will serve as the Little Rock Districts' authority in all matters pertaining to Cost Engineering, Architect/Engineer (A/E) management, specifications and Computer Assisted Drafting and Design(CADD) functions. Listed are some of the duties you will perform:
- Prepare or review Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGE) for major features of civil works, military, and mobilization construction projects such as, multipurpose dams, river navigation structures, and multipurpose buildings.
- Perform Computer Assisted Drafting and Design (CADD) functions and Building Information Modeling (BIM) for the branch?s products.
- Prepare Specifications based on direction given by design professionals from disciplines within Design Branch.
- Conduct periodic conferences for revisions in plans or previously determined courses of action in prosecuting the work of the design program.
- Plan and coordinate the work assigned to Design Branch through section chiefs, technical managers and project engineers and architects.
- Monitor the design/study milestone schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Plan and execute other design management activities using proven systems for the Corps of Engineers (COE).
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517703800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.